When exporting contacts, instead of downloading the file to your machine, you can download the file to a secure location. Please get in touch with your HTK account manager to setup the secure location you'd like to use (if you haven't done so already).
Enabling export to secure location
- In Horizon, click in the top right-hand corner.
- Select 'Account settings' from the left-hand menu. If you don't have access to this area, get in touch with your HTK account manager.
- Select 'Secure contact export'
- Click to the right of 'Export to secure location'
- Tick the 'Export to secure location' checkbox
Giving users permission to export to secure locations
- Click in the top right-hand corner.
- Select 'Roles (permissions)' from the left-hand menu, found under 'Users and permissions'.
- Click to edit a role, or create a new role by clicking
- You'll need to ensure you have the 'Contacts' section added. If you are editing a role and don't see 'Contacts', click the at the top of the page. Tick 'Contacts', click then click Close.
- In the 'Contacts' section, you'll find 'Export contacts', where 'ExportLocally' is listed as a permission. This is the permission you need to ensure the user can export to a secure location.
- your role and assign it to a user.
Exporting to a secure location
- Go to the Contacts tab
- Use the contact advanced search, if you want to export specific contact data.
- Select your export settings as you would normally (see Exporting contact data)
- You will get the option to save the configuration. This allows you to use the export settings again. Otherwise, select “Continue without saving”.
- A pop-up will appear telling you your file uploaded. Click Close to continue using Horizon.
- You will now find your file in your secure location.