Horizon allows you to export contact data to an excel file (.csv or .xls). This gives you the ability to analyse your contact data or use it elsewhere. If you would prefer to download export files to a secure location, instead of to the users machine, see Exporting contacts to a secure location.
- Click on the | Contacts | tab
You may wish to select particular contacts to export. If you wish to do so, use the 'Advanced search' (under the contact search box). You can add additional search filters by clicking the + button next to the search box. For example, you may wish to find contacts who are opted in and engaged in your latest campaign.
- If you want to export all contacts, click the button. Otherwise, tick the contacts you’d like to export.
- The export screen will appear:
- The ‘Stored configuration’ option allows you to select previously saved export setting (as in Step 8. If you haven't done this, leave this blank)
- You can choose a primary and secondary delimiter. This is for separating your results. For example, if you had two opt in categories, ‘News’ and ‘Offers’, they will be listed as: News, Offers.
- Select a file format.
- Select which fields you want to export (click the field so it is highlighted then click 'Include', do this for each field you wish to include). You can select ‘Include all’ for all fields or you can choose which fields you want. For example, you may wish to export all fields from a survey to view your survey results.
Note: If you cannot find a field, this means that field isn’t assigned to the ‘Type of contact’ you are exporting. Or, you are trying to export contacts with different 'Type of contact'. Custom fields can only be exported when one 'Type of contact' is selected.
- The “Rename columns” option allows you to change the name of the column. For example, you may want ‘Opt in categories’ to show as ‘Interested in’.
- You will get the option to save the configuration. This allows you to use the export settings again (this will show under “Stored configuration”). Otherwise, select “Continue without saving”.
- Your excel file will start to download automatically.