It's possible that you won't want all of your Horizon users to have access to all available features. Horizon lets you create one or more "Roles" that enable or disable specific software features.
You can then assign each user to the role that fits them best. When they next login, they will only see the screens and features that you want them to see.
Creating a new role
- Click in the top-right of the screen then select 'Roles (permissions)' from the left-hand menu.
- Give the role a name. If you want to share the roles with child divisions, tick the 'Is shared' tick box.
- You'll see a list of the main areas within Horizon, such as 'Home', 'Contacts' and 'Content'.
Tick the area/s that you'd like to include in this role's permissions, the click and close the window.
- Click to the right of each permission to edit it in more detail.
Setting the role permissions for a new user
- Click at the top-right of the screen, then select Users' from the left hand menu.
- Click by the user.
- You'll see the 'Available divisions' section. In this section, you'll see any divisions the user has access to, alongside their role.
- Click to the right of the existing role that you wish to change. You can only change the role of the division you are currently in.
- A pop-up window will appear, listing the available Roles.
- Click to the right of the desired role.