Triggered messages are a clever utility that takes away the need for manual intervention. It allows you to automatically send to loyalty members, when they match certain criteria. They are similar to scheduled messages, but with a focus on loyalty actions and the option for your message to be sent straight away after a member takes action, instead of waiting for the scheduled time.
Adding a new triggered message
Before you set up the trigger, you’ll need to create the message that will be sent. To learn about creating message content, go to Creating an email message - The Basics.
- Once you’ve created your message, click the ‘Triggered actions’ tab.
- Click on ‘Triggered Messages’ from the left-hand menu.
- You’ll see three fields in the new window.
If you click the drop-down list beside ‘If...’, you’ll find a range of trigger options. Select the trigger you’d like to set up.
- Select which message you’d like to send, from the ‘Send message’ field, by clicking
- Choose when you’d like to send the trigger, from the ‘When’ field.
- You’ll be taken back to the triggered messages page, where you’ll find your new trigger in the list below. If you wish to view, change or delete any trigger, use the to the right of the trigger.