Campaigns in Horizon are where most of the action happens; They are where you actually send your message to a group of contacts, and where you publish your web landing pages, forms, surveys, tweets etc.
This article will give you a quick overview of the steps you need to do to create a basic campaign.
How to create a new campaign
1. Click the | Campaign | tab at the top of the screen.
2. Click the | Add new campaign | button.
3. Name the Campaign and optionally add some comments to describe its purpose.
4. Optionally, select a 'Campaign type' that helps describe what type of campaign it is.
5. Optionally select a Campaign Objective (or create a new one). For more information see Measuring campaign success using Objectives.
If you'll be sending a message in your campaign
5. Add a target group of contacts to whom the message will be sent or create a new group.
6. Click the | + Send | button:
If you aren't publishing a web landing page or an embedded form, move on to step 11.
If you'll be publishing a web landing page or an embedded form
7. Add a vanity URL, on which the landing page or form will be published (you need to do this even for content that will be embedded in your own website). You only need to add on the end of the URL: https://mycompany.htkhorizon.com/YourVanityURL
8. Select the "Type of contact" that will be assigned to any new contacts that are created as a result of people filling out a form.
9. If you want to publish a page or form that will be visible to everyone, including anonymous web visitors, click the | + Publish | button in the "Everyone" area of the Campaign Builder.
10. If you want to publish a page or form that will ONLY be visible to contacts who click through from a link in a campaign message, click the | + Publish | button in the target group area of the Campaign Builder.
For all types of campaign
11. Either select some existing content or create new content:
12. Select the time and date you want your campaign to send.
13. Optionally add one or more additional phases for follow-up actions (you can also add follow-up phases while the campaign is running). For more information see Sending a follow-on message in a campaign.
14. Press the | Save | button.
15. Back on the main Campaign screen, press the "play" icon to start or schedule your campaign. For more information on scheduling, see Scheduling a campaign.
Remember: If you'll be sending a message in your campaign, it's well worth taking the time to send a test message to yourself first so that you can perform a final check on wording, links etc. For more information see Sending a test message.
Additional note: If you run out of credit, your campaign will stop and display as 'Paused -out of credit'. Once you top-up, you will need to start your campaign. Go to the | Campaigns | tab and select "Active messages" under the "Messages" section. Press Play on your campaign.
Additional Resources and Activities
To learn about scheduling a campaign, see Scheduling a campaign.
To learn about multi-phase campaigns, see Sending a follow-on message in a campaign.
To learn more about Contacts, see Contacts - An overview.
To learn more about Groups, see Groups - An overview.