Messages can be quite intrusive, especially when they're sent by SMS, phone or in-app push message. Horizon lets you apply restrictions to the time that your messages are sent, both overall and per-campaign. You can do this by setting up an Operating Window.
How to setup an 'Operating Window'
- Click the 'Settings' button in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Select 'Account settings' from the left-hand menu, then click 'Operating window' in the 'Categories ' list.
- Select the channel you'd like to set the restrictions for from the drop-down list.
- On the screen are 7 green columns; one for each day of the week starting with Monday. Click the name of the first day of the week that you'd like to set a restriction for (e.g. the grey "Mon" link).
All times of day need to be covered, and by default you may see a single time period spanning midnight at the beginning of that day ("00:00") through to midnight at the end of that day ("24:00"). This is the default time period, and can't be edited or deleted until you've added other time periods to replace it.
- Click the 'Add new period' button.
- Create a new time period by selecting the start time and end time for that period and stating whether that period is ok to send messages (mark it as "Available") or whether messages should not be sent during this time ("Not available"). Then click the 'Add' button.
Note: If the time period you're adding won't actually change the existing restrictions, you'll see a message to that effect and won't be able to add the new time period.
- Continue adding "Available" and "Not available" time periods for this day until it shows your desired sending restrictions.
- If you'd like these same time restrictions to apply on other weekdays and/or at the weekend, tick the appropriate "Repeat" tick-boxes; "apply to working days" and/or "apply to weekend".
9. Click 'Save'.
The 7 columns should now show green areas for the "Available" time selections (when messages may be sent) and red areas for the "Not available" selections (when messages will not be sent).
- Select another channel for which you'd like to apply time restrictions and repeat steps 3 to 9.
To apply restrictions to a specific campaign
- 1. Open the campaign for editing.
- Add a message to the campaign, by clicking the '+ Send' button in the Campaign Builder and then selecting an existing message or creating a new one.
- Click the 'Advanced features' link below the message name.
- Go to the "Edit event message" section, and you will see the green/red columns under the "Operating window" heading.
- Amend the operating window settings for the campaign message, as described above and click Save.