In Horizon you can set objectives (metrics) for five different levels of campaign engagement:
SENT - The message has been sent to your contacts.
DELIVERED - The message has been delivered.
RESPONDED - A member of your target group has responded (e.g. Emails opened).
ENGAGED - A member of your target group has positively engaged (e.g. Links clicked).
SUCCESS - A member of your target group has achieved your overall campaign goal (e.g. Completing a web survey).
Unfortunately, due to the way these statuses are tracked, a contact won't show a Responded status if they do any of the following:
- They click the 'view in browser' link, then click links from this view.
- If the email is viewed as plain text.
- If they have images blocked.
When you run a campaign, Horizon will then let you see whether you're meeting your target objectives using a simple "traffic light" indicator and more detailed percentage stats.
How to add an Objective
You can setup your Campaign objectives in two different places in Horizon:
1. On the Campaign tab, click | Campaign objectives | .
2. Click the | Add new objective | button.
3. Name the objective. Give it an easily recognizable name; for example you may want to use one objective for all your email campaigns, and name it based on what you want to achieve: Delivered 95% | Responded 25% | Engaged 10%.
4. Set a Target date for the objective to be reached.
5. Decide whether you want your Objectives to track an actual number of contacts (e.g. "I want at least 10 contacts to respond to my campaign") or a percentage (e.g. "I want over 30% of contacts to respond").
6. Select a value for each Metric.
7. Once you are satisfied with your values, click the | Save | button.
8. Create a new campaign and select these objectives.
For e-newsletters we recommend using the "Delivered", "Responded" and "Engaged" metrics, setting them to something like this:
DELIVERED is Greater than 95%
RESPONDED is Greater than 25%
ENGAGED is Greater than 10%
Note: You can edit these by clicking on the pencil icon in or delete them by clicking the cross icon.