You may want to give your customer service desk the ability to access member records, without giving them admin access. To learn about using the customer service screen, check out Using the customer service loyalty screen
How to give users access
- Click in the top-right corner.
- In the left-hand menu, click Roles (permissions).
- Give your role a name (e.g. Customer service desk). You can add a description of the role in the 'Comments' box.
- If you have child divisions, you can tick 'Is shared', to share amongst child divisions. Otherwise, ignore this.
- Tick 'Contacts', then click
- Go to page 2 (using the arrows in the bottom right-hand corner). Tick 'Customer service' then click
- To allow users to change a member's loyalty status, tick 'Loyalty & Rewards'.
To give users the ability to send messages, go back to page 1 and add 'Broadcaster'.
- Click close.
- You'll see that each feature has a list of permissions. You can use the action buttons to right to edit or delete a permission.
Click to edit a permission. For example, you may want to allow a user to activate an account, but not suspend it.
Click to remove any permissions.
- Down the bottom of the page, you'll find the section 'Sets of custom fields'. Custom fields need to be added if you want a user to have access to it. Otherwise, the custom field will not be visible to the user.
- To add a custom field, click
- Click next to the custom field set you want to add. You can add as many custom fields as you like.
When creating your user, remember to select your customer service role. You will also need to add the customer service licence to the user. To allow users to send letters, you'll need to add the Letters licence. If you don't see these licences, please do get in touch with us.
For more information on user setup, check out Creating a new user