For extra account security, your Horizon account can be setup to use Dual-factor TOTP (time-based One-Time Password). With two-factor authentication setup, Horizon users will need to use an authentication app to log into Horizon and export contacts.
How to setup two-factor authentication
- In Horizon go to Settings then select Account details from the left-hand menu. If you don't have access to this area, speak to your account manager and they can make the changes for you.
- Under the 'User account password policy' section, select 'Dual-factor TOTP' from the 'User authentication requires' dropdown list.
If you decide you no longer wish to use two-factor authentication, change the account setting above back to 'Single-factor'.
User login with two-factor authentication
- After a user logs in with their username and password, they will be prompted to sync an authenticator app with their user account.
- They will need to scan the QR code or enter the shared secret manually on their authenicator app. Then enter the 6-digit code the app gives them.
- Once they have set this up, they will only be prompted to enter the code on login.
Removing two-factor authentication from a user account
- Edit the user account
- In the 'Delete TOTP shared secret' pop-up window, click
- the user
The next time a user logins in, they will need to setup their account with the authenicator app, as in the above section.
- In the contacts tab. click
- Enter the 6-digit code provided by the authenicator app
- Export your contacts as you usually would do.