Horizon's contact database lets you store different data for different types of people and makes it easy for you to manage your communication with these different "types of contact" (e.g. your customers and your staff).
Setting up Types of contact
The Horizon setup process asks you to select one or more different types of contact that you want to store and you can rename these or add new types at any time.
- Click | Settings | at the top-right of the screen.
- Scroll down until you see "Data management" options on the left of the screen, and click | Types of contact |.
- Your existing types of contact will be listed. At this point you can edit an existing type or create a new one
- To create a new one, click the | Add a new type of contact | button.
- Name the new type of contact and optionally add some comments to help you and your team remember what this type of contact will be used for.
- Select the relative priority for sending messages to this type of contact, compared to your other types (low, normal or high).
- If you've already created some custom fields for storing relevant data about contacts of this type, click the | Add a set of custom fields | button, otherwise you can create and assign your custom fields later.
- Click the | Save | button.
Additional Resources and Activities
Create a set of custom fields and assign them to a type of contact.