If a Horizon user has entered their password incorrectly more than three times, their account will be locked. When their account is locked, the reset password process won't work (they won't be sent the email). Their account is locked out for thirty minutes. After this time, they can then reset your password. However, as a Horizon administrator, you can unlock their account during the thirty minute locked period, meaning they can log in without waiting.
- To do so, in Horizon click in the top right corner
- Select 'Users' from the 'Users and Permissions' section in the left-hand menu
- Find the user account
- If the user account is locked, the padlock icon to the right of the user account will be locked/closed. If it is not locked, the user can login/reset their password
- Click the padlock icon and confirm you wish to unlock the user account
- The padlock icon to the right of the user account will show as unlocked/open and the user can now login/reset their password. It's best to advise the user to reset their password after their second failed login attempt, to ensure they can change their password before being locked out again.