Email to SMS allows users to send from their own email address. Alternatively your division in Horizon can be setup to send from a whole domain. This means you can send from anyone on your company account. For example, anyone with a @company.com address can send an Email to SMS. If you wish to set this up, please get in touch.
Setting up a user
- Click "Manage Users".
Or | Settings | on the top right, followed by "Users" in the left hand side menu.
- Click "Add new user".
- Enter a username and email address. The username has to be an email address. This can be the same as the users email address..
- Add any other user details such as their first name and last name.
- Click 'Set Password' and type in a password for the user. It doesn't matter what this is set to as the user will not need to login. Remember to click "Set" when done.
- Beside the "Role" (within the Access section) field, click the "..." .
- Click "Select" beside the user role "Email to SMS User".
- Click "Add licence".
- Add a tick by the "Email to SMS" licence, then click "Add selected".
- Click "Save".
When you click "Save", the user will be sent an email to let them know their email has been activated, alongside basic tips for Email to SMS.
- Back on the users screen, click the edit icon (the pencil icon) beside the contact.
- In the edit user screen, click "Activate". This will activate the user and allow them to start sending Email to SMS messages.
Specifying additional user settings
You can specify additional user settings including: whether the user's account should be suspended, the SMS from name and what delivery receipts the user receives.
To set this up, edit the user. Click the section 'Additional information' and you'll see the below.
If you tick 'Yes' beside 'Suspend', the user will be suspended and unable to send any Email to SMS messages.
If you would like to change who the SMS comes from, enter the preferred name in the 'SMS From override' box.
You may want to specify what delivery receipts the user receives. To do this, tick the relevant options beside 'Delivery Receipts'.
Remember to click 'Save' when you have made your changes.