Horizon makes it easy to create beautiful, mobile-friendly web landing pages. They can be used to capture sales enquiries, run competitions and surveys or all kinds of other purposes.
One of the most powerful features of Horizon landing pages is that all information you collect through them is fed straight back into your contact database, so there's no manual data entry.
In Horizon, web landing pages are just one type of publication. You can also use Horizon to publish other kinds of content.
How to create a landing page
- Click 'Content' at the top of the screen then 'Publication content' on the left.
- Click the 'Add new publication content' button (the 'Add new publication content' screen will be displayed).
- Give your publication a name and optionally some comments to describe its purpose. Try to use a consistent naming scheme for your publications to make it easy to find them again in future.
- Select a publication template as the starting point for your web landing page, or follow the steps below. You can create publication templates to make creating a page easier. To do this, go to 'Re-usable templates' under 'Publication Content'. Set up is the same process as below.
- Tick the "Web" channel selection. You can create a publication that uses more than one channel if you want.
- Make sure that "Publish on <yourAccount>.htkhorizon.com" is selected as the publication type. This tells Horizon that you want to create a landing page.
- If you want to require subscribers to log in with a username and password to view the landing page, tick the "Requires authentication" checkbox; otherwise leave it blank.
- Go to the content area. Here you can create and edit the individual pages that make up your landing page; for example the main page and a separate "thank you" page that will be shown when someone fills out and submits a form.
- Give your default page a meaningful title; this will be visible in your Google Analytics if Google Analytics integration is enabled in Horizon.
- Select a web page layout as the starting point for your page design. You can use a different layout for each page if you want to.
- If you selected a web page layout that supports Themes, select a theme from the drop-down list (themes are a quick way to select things like the default colours and fonts). If you'd like a custom theme that matches your website branding, let us know.
- Add your "thank you" page and any other required pages by clicking the 'Add new page' button.
- Repeat the steps above for each page.
- Add your heading, text and images to each page.
- If you'd like to add a form to your page, follow the steps in the section below. Otherwise click the 'Save' button at the bottom of the screen.
- When you've finished creating your web landing page, publish it by adding the publication to a campaign and then running the campaign. For more information see Creating a new campaign.
Adding a form to your landing page
- Go back to the first page of your web landing page publication and click into an editable area where you'd like to add the form.
- Click the "Insert / Edit Form" icon in the editor toolbar:
- The Horizon web form creator will appear. Initially it will show a blank form:
- Add whatever data fields, text and other features you need. Start by selecting a set of fields using the drop-down list at the top-left of the web form creator, then you'll see a listing of the related fields to select from.
- Once you have selected all the fields you want on your form, add a "Submit button", which you'll find in the "Form tools" area at the bottom-left of the web form creator.
- Click on the Submit button in the form preview area to show the button properties:
- Change the default label on the button if you'd like to, so that it reinforces the action that you'd like people to take when they visit the landing page. E.g. "Download now!" or "Get this offer".
- Select your "thank you" page from the "To" drop-down list. This tells Horizon that the "thank you" page should be displayed when the visitor clicks the Submit button.
- If you'd like to send an auto-responder message to the contact when they click the Submit button, click the '...' icon to the right of the Auto response field, then select the message that you'd like to send.
- If you'd like to send a notification message to yourself and/or your colleagues when a contact clicks the Submit button, click the '...' icon to the right of the Notification field and the Recipients field to select the message and a group of contacts to send it to. You can use this to send yourself survey results as soon as a customer completes the survey. To find out how to do this, see Receiving survey results by email
- Ensure that the "Update contact record" tick-box is ticked, so that the submitted form data will be stored in the Horizon contact database.
- If you want this form submission to be counted as "Success" in your campaign, tick the "Success" tick box. For more information see Measuring campaign success using Objectives.
- Click the 'Apply' button on the left of the web form creator, just below the "Rules" section in order to apply these settings to your Submit button.
- Click the 'Apply' button at the bottom of the web form creator to save the form and return to the publication content screen.