Content items are individual pieces of content that can be added to your email messages or web publications.
If you have a product catalog or a standard set of offers, think about creating a content item for each product or offer. You can then add this content wherever it's needed, with just a couple of clicks.
Creating a content item
1. Click | Content | in the main menu, then | Content items | on the left.
2. Click the | Add a new content item | button.
3. Give your new content item a name and optionally some comments to describe it.
4. Select a 'channel' for the content item. This controls the kinds of messages or publications that it can be added to (e.g. a content item with the "Email" channel can only be added to email messages).
5. Add the actual content for the content item; e.g. the HTML if it's an email or web content item or some plain text if it's an SMS content item.
6. Click | Save |.
Adding a content item to an email message
1. Create your message or publication.
2. In the editor toolbar, click the 'Content items' icon:
3. A list of all content items that are the appropriate channel will show.
4. Click | Select | to select a content item.
5. The selected content item will be added to the message or publication that you're editing.