Horizon lets you add links to your email (and SMS) messages, so that subscribers receiving your messages can click to get more information.
When you add a link in your message content, you can also tag it with a Link Category so that you can track the kinds of links that each of your subscribers is clicking on.
Adding a link
1. Create a new message or open an existing message for editing.
2. Select the text or image that you'd like to turn into a link.
3. Click the link icon in the editor toolbar:
4. Select the type of link that you want to add (eg a "Page link" or "Publication link"):
You can add several different kinds of links, depending on what you want your subscribers to do:
- "Page link" let you link through to a page on a website.
- "Publication link" let you link to a Horizon web publication (such as a landing page).
- "Document link" let you link to a document in the Horizon file store (currently supported file types are: pdf, doc, jpg, jpeg and gif).
- "Subscriber action link" let you trigger specific Horizon subscriber actions:
- Update account / preferences
- Forward to a friend
- View in a web browser
- Reset password
- "Subscriber action (advanced) links" are used within specific Horizon subscriber processes. You won't normally need to use these.
5. Select the link destination:
- For page links you should type the destination web page address or email address, such as: http://www.mysite.com/ or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- For publication links you should choose the Horizon campaign that contains the publication you want to link to. Either select a running campaign from the dropdown list or select "The campaign vanity URL". For more information see Link an email message to a web landing page.
- For document links you should select the document in the Horizon file store that will be downloaded when the link is clicked.
- For subscriber action links you should select the subscriber action that will be triggered when the link is clicked. For more information on Subscriber Actions, see Setting up your Subscriber Preference Centre.
6. Optionally select a link category so that you can track subscriber behaviour.
7. Click the | Save | button.