Horizon makes it easy to add contacts to your database, whether you're adding just a handful or thousands. Below is how you would manually add one new contact. For bulk importing contacts, see:
How to add a new contact
1. Click | Contacts | from the tab bar.
3. General - Type of contact: Select the type of contacts you're adding, e.g. Customer or Employee (you can set up or rename the types of contact in the | Settings | area).
4. General - Status: You will probably find that your contacts in most cases have an "Individual" status, rather than a "Business" status, but select whatever is relevant to your organisation.
5. General - other options: Fill in contact's details, Title, First name, Last name and Date of birth. All fields are optional.
6. Location information: If you know the contact's address, it's useful to add this because you'll be able to target your contacts using Map groups. You can store your contact's location in two ways. The basic way is to add their address, including the postcode and optionally the other address fields. The other option you have is to store your contact's location by Map point. To do this, first zoom into the approximate area by clicking the 'locate postcode' icon, then move around the map and use the dot icon to mark their location.
7. Channels: Next you can add your contact's email address, mobile number or other communication channels. Click the | Add a channel | button and select the channel that you want to add. You have the option to store Email, SMS, Mobile (for mobile phone calls), Telephone (landline phone) details. If you are storing a mobile number for SMS marketing purposes, you must select the SMS Channel Type.
Important: Don't forget to add the relevant Opt-in categories (you can set these up in the | Settings | area). Remember, you must ensure this contact has opted in to receive marketing communications from your organisation.
8. Additional information: You may want to store additional information for your customers such as their gender and interests. You can do this by creating a set of custom fields in the | Settings | area. Once you have setup some custom fields they will automatically appear on this screen.
9. Notes: A final option here allows you to edit and store notes against a contact.