Horizon makes it easy to add contacts to your database, whether you're adding just a handful or thousands. Below is how you would manually add one new contact. For bulk importing contacts, see:
How to add a new contact
- Go to the Contacts tab.
- In the 'General section, enter all the details you have for your contact.
- In the 'General' section, if you know the contact's address, you can it in the 'Location' fields. You can store your contact's location in two ways. The basic way is to add their address, including the postcode and optionally the other address fields. The other option you have is to store your contact's location by Map point. To do this, first zoom into the approximate area by clicking the 'locate postcode' icon, then move around the map and use the dot icon to mark their location.
- In the 'Permissions and preferences' section, you can add your contact's email address, mobile number or other communication channels. Click the 'Add a channel' button and select the channel that you want to add. Don't forget to add the relevant Opt-in categories (you can set these up in the Settings area). Remember, you must ensure this contact has opted in to receive marketing communications from your organisation.
- If you have a Loyalty or Offer Management account with us, you'll see the 'Order insight,' 'Loyalty and rewards' and 'Audit cases' section. To learn more about these sections, see Understanding a loyalty member's contact data
- You don't need to enter any details in the 'Contact activity' section. This section will log all your contact's activity, such as what messages the contact received and whether they responded to a campaign.
- In the 'Notes' section, you can add and edit any notes stored against the contact.
- In the 'Custom fields' section, you will find any custom fields you've created, alongside any data you have on the contact.