Group manager tracks contact's group activity, allowing you to see what groups a contact belongs to, as well as when they joined or left a group.
Group manager via the contact record
Seeing what groups a contact is a member of
At the top of a contact record, under the contact's relationship scores, you'll see a list of groups the contact is a member of.
When hovering over a group name, the date and time the contact joined the group will be displayed, along with the current total contact count for that group.
There are 3 different shades of purple/pink used to visualise group membership:
Dark purple: Last joined the group within the last 4 months and is still a member.
Lighter purple: Last joined the group within the last 4 to 8 months and is still a member.
Light pink: Last joined the group more than 8 months ago and is still a member.
A new tab has been added to contact activity called ‘Group Membership’ which provides an audit history of all groups a contact has joined and left. Each entry includes the group name, group type, date/time joined, date/time left (if relevant) and a description.
Search and segmentation
A new search filter has been added to the advanced contact search.
- Click 'Advanced search' under the contact search box, then click
- In the 'Select group' drop-down list, find 'Group membership changes'
- Beside the field 'Group', click
- In the third box across from the 'Group' field, select your group and click
- You can also add in date/time search filters 'Last joined group' and 'Last left group'. You'll find them in the 'Group membership changes' group, as in step 2 above. These fields will only appear once you have added the 'Group' search filter to the advanced search.
View a groups statistics
- Go to the Contacts tab, then select 'Groups' from the left-hand menu.
- Click to the right of the group you wish to view the statistics for.
- You will see the 'Group trends' chart. This chart shows the group size, as well as the 'Joined group' and 'Left group' events. The chart can be filtered over a period of 7 days, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or All time.
Group events on the smart stream
Group events are visible in the smart stream. They are enabled by default and will show group join and group left events within the event stream. You can remove it from the smart screen by unticking the box to the right of the 'Group membership' event filter.