Combined groups gives you the ability to combine several groups that you have already created. The 'INCLUDE' and 'EXCLUDE' options allow you to segment your contacts.
How to create a combined group
1. Click | Contacts | at the top of the screen.
2. On the left under "Segmentation", click | Groups |.
3. Select | Combined | in the drop down selector, then click the | Add a new group | button.
4. Name your combined group and optionally add some comments to describe it.
5. There are two sections to a combined group, the 'INCLUDE' groups and the 'EXCLUDE' groups. You can add groups to either one, however both sections don't have to be used (e.g. you could have some include groups only).
6. Click the 'Add groups' button under the relevant section and add groups by ticking the group and clicking 'Add selected'. Once done, close the 'Select group' window.
7. There is the option to select a 'Inclusion type' for 'Belong to any' or 'Belong to all'. This ensures that a contact only belongs to one of the groups or all of the groups.
8. If you want to use this as part of the "Send message" wizard, you can make this an "Interest group" or an "Area group" by enabling it in the 'Wizard access' section.
9. Click the | Save | button