List groups are great to use when you need to create very specific segments of named individual contacts.
How to add a List Group
1. Click | Contacts | at the top of the screen.
2. On the left under "Segmentation", click | Groups |.
3. Select | List | in the drop down selector, then click the | Add a new group | button.
4. Name your list group and optionally add some comments to describe it. Note: If you wish to Import contacts to a List group, rather than adding them one-at-a-time, skip the next steps and hit the | Save | button.
Adding contacts to your List Group
5. Click the | Add contacts | button and search for the contacts you want to include in your group.
6. You can 'Search' for contacts to add to your group in two ways:
- Use the "Search" bar to enter the name of a contact you want to add into your List group.
- Use the "Advanced search" tab to create a filter.
Finding contacts using Advanced Search filters
You can filter your contacts by searching on any of the general or custom information you have stored against your contact records:
7. Tick the contacts that you would like to add to your list group, then click the | Add selected | button.
8. You can run more searches if you need to, until you've added all the contacts you need.
9. Click the | Save | button to store your new list group.
Watch the below to learn more about groups: