With large customer databases, it's important to target your marketing communications so that each person receives content that's relevant to them.
The Horizon "Group builder" tool helps to get a better at-a-glance understanding of the contacts in your database, and then to create the different database segments you need in order to target your campaigns - using simple point-and-click.
Add 2 or 3 groups to the group builder
1. Click | Contacts | at the top of the screen.
2. On the left under "Tools", click | Group builder |. The group builder screen will be displayed, showing three empty overlapping circles.
3. Click the | Add group | button and select one of your existing groups.
4. At this stage you should see that the first circle on the group builder now represents the selected group. The number in the circle shows the number of contacts currently in the group.
5. Click the | Add group | button again and select another group. The numbers in the overlapping and non-overlapping areas show how many customers are just in your first group, just in your second group or in both of these groups.
6. Optionally add a third group.
7. To create a group, follow the below steps.
Create a new group using point and click
The group builder tool can then be used to create new groups. For example, to create a group of contacts who are (or aren't) members of two or three other groups:
1. Click an area within the overlapping circles and it will become highlighted.
2. When you have highlighted the desired area/s, click the | Generate from highlighted | button and give the new segment a name.
3. The listing below the overlapping circles should now show this new segment and the number of contacts that it contains - but at this point a new group hasn't yet been created.
4. Tick the box to the left of this segment then click the | Create selected | button to create a new group from this segment (Note: Behind the scenes, Horizon will create a new combined group).
If you want to look at groups in more detail, watch the below: