Rule groups update automatically, as and when the contacts in your database match (or stop matching) the criteria that you have setup in the group. One of the best uses of rule groups is to target your marketing campaigns.
1. Click | Contacts | at the top of the screen.
2. On the left under "Segmentation", click | Groups |.
3. Select | Rule | in the dropdown list, then click the | Add a new group | button.
4. Name your Rule group and optionally add some comments to describe it.
5. Click the | ... | icon (see above) to view the available filter conditions, then select the first filter that you'd like to use to build your rule group.
6. The middle and right-hand parts of the rule will then change to let you make appropriate selections. For example, if you select a date filter condition, you'll then be given options to filter on previous and future dates.
7. If you want to add another filter condition, click the '+' button, and if you want to remove a filter then click the 'x' button beside it.
For more information on using rule filters, see Using filter options to create segments or search for contacts
8. Once you have added all the filter conditions you need, click the | Check rules | button. This will calculate the contacts that match the rule group and save the group. Once it has finished calculating, the contacts will be listed.
8. Click | Save