Map groups give you the power to segment your contacts based on their known location. The members of a map group will change automatically as-and-when the location details for the contacts in your database are changed.
How to add a Map Group
1. Click | Contacts | at the top of the screen.
2. On the left under "Segmentation", click | Groups |.
3. Select | Map | from the dropdown list, then click the | Add a new group | button.
4. Name your Map group and optionally add some comments to describe the group.
5. Use the mapping tools (see below) to create your Map group.
These tools enable you to create very detailed geographic selections:
- The "Measure distance" icon: use this to see how big distances are on your map (you can set this to read in Meters, Kilometres or Miles)
- The "Locate postcode" icon: Use this if you know the postcode you are targeting, you can then draw a shape around the area and measure the distance to see you have the correct target.
- Use the "Locate current shape" to find a shape you have on your map. You can enlarge this to get a better view of the areas in here and measure the distance.
- The "Draw a polygon" allows you to draw this shape in your map.
- The "Draw a rectangle" allows you to draw this shape in your map.
- The "Draw a circle" allows you to draw this shape in your map.
- The "Delete current shape" allows you to delete and start again.
- Click on the + icon to select your Base Layer and Overlay preferences; e.g. to see a satellite view.
- Use the arrows and zoom bar on the left to adjust your view.
6. Once you have created your Map group, click the | Save | button to save your new map group.