The Quick SMS Wizard lets you send personalised SMS text messages to a handful of people, or hundreds. Recipients can be added manually or imported from a comma-separated (.csv) file.
Using Quick SMS
1. Log into Horizon and click | Add-ons | at the top of the screen.
2. On the left of the screen, select Wizards > Quick SMS.
3. Select the SMS "From" number and either type your SMS content or select a pre-defined 'Content Item'.
4. To manually add a recipient for the message, type their mobile number into the "SMS number" field and click | Add |.
Note: The recipient's name is optional, and only necessary if you want to personalise the message.
5. To import recipients from a spreadsheet or comma-separated (CSV) file, click | Load from file |and select the file on your computer.
Note: You need to use the headings "first_name", "last_name" and "sms" in the first row of the file. The file size limit for an upload is 5MB and there is also a limit to how many Contacts can be included in a single SMS broadcast. This can be set per account but by default is 150 Contacts