For some offers, you may reward member’s with voucher codes. Horizon allows you to import and manage your own voucher codes. Horizon also lets you design your own PDF voucher that can be given to customers, which will have a voucher code inserted into the PDF.
Before you import your set of voucher codes, you’ll need to save them in a CSV or MS Excel (.xls) file (only these file formats will be accepted). List each voucher code on a separate row, without any column titles.
- Go to the Offer management tab.
- Select ‘Manage vouchers’ from the left-hand menu.
This screen will appear:
- Select your file by clicking
- Add a name for the set of voucher codes (e.g. Cinema vouchers).
- Add a description for the set of voucher codes (e.g. Voucher codes for Cineworld).
- Set the expiry date for the voucher codes.
You’ll be taken back to the vouchers screen, with the new set of vouchers listed.
You will see the name, description and expiry date you just added, along with how many voucher codes have been imported. There’s also a column to show the number of voucher codes issued. This allows you to keep track of how many voucher codes have been claimed and to monitor when numbers are getting low.
To edit, import more vouchers or delete a set of vouchers, use the action buttons on the right.
- to edit.
- to import more vouchers.
- to delete.
How to use vouchers in offers
- When creating a new offer or editing one, scroll down to the ‘Redemption action’ section.
- Select ‘Voucher redemption’ from the ‘Redemption action’ drop-down list.
- Click to select the message to send the member on completion of the offer.
When creating a message, remember you can use smart inserts that automatically populate the message with the voucher data.
%VOUCHER_CODE% to display the redeemed voucher code.
%VOUCHER_EXPIRY_DATE% to display the voucher expiry date.
- Click to select the set of vouchers you want to use. If you’ve already used a set of voucher codes on a different offer, they will not show here.
- Click to select the voucher template you want to use. These are the PDF voucher templates. To learn more about creating these, see the instructions below.
- Set the voucher expiry date. You can choose to use the voucher code’s expiry date (which you set when importing the voucher codes). Alternatively, you can set the voucher codes to expire a certain amount of time after the member redeems the offer.
- Click when done.
Creating voucher templates
You can create your own PDF voucher templates, which can be used to send a digital voucher to the member with their code and the details of the offer they’ve redeemed. A jrxml file needs to be created for this. If you have a custom template you’d like to use, please get in touch.
To upload a new voucher template
- Click in the top-right corner.
- Select ‘Account settings’ from the left-hand menu.
- Click + to the left of ‘Loyalty & Rewards’
- Select ‘Vouchers’ from the collapsed list.
- Click the to the right of the ‘Voucher template’ field.
- If you’ve already uploaded the file, select it. Otherwise, make sure you are in the home folder. Create a new folder for your templates, then upload the jrxml file and select it.