Customers may request you opt them out of your communications. If customers have been sent communications and are asking to be unsubscribed, it is worth figuring out why they couldn't find this easily. Is the unsubscribe difficult to find? Is your message too long?
To manually update this, find their contact record in Horizon.
- Click to edit their contact record.
- Go to the section 'Channels'.
- Click to the right of the channel.
- In the 'Opt-in categories', remove any ticks from any opt-in categories.
- If the contact has other channels, you'll need to update these too. If they haven't specified what channel, it's always best to double-check with them.
- Save the contact.
Remember, you should only be sending messages to opted in customers. Ensure the Opt-in categories rule is added to any rule groups.