Send a single Tweet from numerous Twitter accounts instantaneously. Horizon lets you authorise multiple Twitter accounts to a Horizon account and to choose accounts a Horizon User has access to.
Authorise a Twitter Account
Before attempting to send your first Tweet it’s important that your Twitter account(s) are successfully authorised in Horizon. To add a Twitter account to Horizon please perform the following :-
- Navigate to | Campaigns | then Twitter Authorisation.
- Click the Add Twitter Account button.
- Click the | Authorize Twitter account | button which will open a Twitter Authorisation window. If nothing happens when this button is clicked, please check your browser for any warnings regarding Pop Ups being blocked. If there is a warning, please give permission to allow pop ups originating from: ‘htkhorizon.com’.
- A new window will open that will prompt you to enter your Twitter Username/email address and password. If you are already logged into a Twitter account you will see the profile picture for your account in the top right corner. If you are happy to authorise the account you are currently logged into click the Authorise app button. If you wish to authorise a different account, simply click your profile picture and select sign out to specify another. To complete the authorisation again click the Authorise app button.
- To confirm the account has been successfully authorised, the Twitter username given will appear in the Twitter Account dialog box. Click Save to complete the Twitter authorisation.
- On the Twitter Accounts screen the account will be marked as ‘CONNECTED’ indicating that the account is currently synchronised to Horizon. In any instance that you wish to disassociate a Twitter account with Horizon, click disconnect. The account can always be reconnected at any time by clicking the connect button.
Assigning a Twitter Account to a Horizon Account
Once a Twitter account has been authorised within Horizon the account needs to be assigned to the appropriate Horizon users. To assign a Twitter Account to a user please perform the following:
- Navigate to | Settings | then User Assignment under the Social section. Assignment. If you're unable to see User Assignment under the Social section, you may not have permission. Please contact your administrator in order to have this permission assigned to your account.
- This screen contains two columns. The left column lists Horizon users whilst the column on the right displays the synchronised Twitter Accounts. Click an Horizon user to see the Twitter accounts assigned to a Horizon user.
- To assign a new Twitter account to a Horizon user, click the Assign more button. This will present a checkbox list of Twitter accounts that can be assigned to this user. Simply tick the accounts that you wish to assign and click Save.
- Assignment of the Twitter account will be confirmed by repeating step 2.
Permissions required for Twitter
The following permissions are required against a Role in order to execute the Twitter functionality detailed in this article.
- Twitter Authorisation: Ability to authorise a Twitter Account against a Horizon Account.
- Post to Twitter: Ability to post to Twitter from the Home Page & Event Stream.
- User Authorisation: Ability to assign a Twitter Account to a Horizon User Account.
To learn about posting and viewing tweets: