Promotions give loyalty members the opportunity to earn extra points based on the products they purchase.
Creating a promotion
- Go to the Offer Management tab, then select Promotions from the left-hand menu.
- Give your promotion a name. This field is mandatory.
- Give your promotion a description.
- Select a 'Promotion type'.
'Transactions' require a transaction to be completed for the member to receive the promotion reward.
'Custom fields' requires a member to reach a particular date; their Customer tenure date, their Birthday or their Membership anniversary. If you select this option, a 'promotion trigger' field will appear. You'll need to select from these three options. On these dates, the member will automatically receive the promotion reward.
- Select how many points should be offered in the 'Point promotion' section. You can apply a fixed amount of points or you can multiple points (e.g. x2, which would be double points).
If you selected 'Custom fields' as your 'Promotion type', you will only be able to offer fixed points.
- The status field isn't editable. It indicates what status the promotion is in.
- Select a start date and a end date. If you don't want to make your promotion live yet, leave the start date blank. When you're ready to go live, edit the promotion and update this field.
An end date isn't required.
- Give the promotion a 'Loyalty transaction activity description'. This is what will appear in the member's Loyalty transaction activity, under the 'Description' field.
- The 'custom activity' field will show in the member's Loyalty transaction activity, under the 'Activity' field. If you selected 'Custom field' as your 'Promotion type', this field will be mandatory.
- Select a 'Promotion identifier' from the 'Field attribute' drop-down list.
Product: A specific product. E.g. Men's blue jacket.
Product category: All products in a specific product category. E.g. Men's jackets.
Merchant: All products for a particular merchant. E.g. Burberry.
Custom field: A particular custom field and value must be present. E.g. The custom field 'Recommendation code provided' must have a value of 'Yes'.
- Once you've selected an 'field attribute', enter a 'field value'. This is how Horizon detects the purchase. E.g. You may create an offer to promote the product ('Double points for this Men's jacket'). Therefore you could use the 'Offer ID', from your Offer, in your promotion.
- You can delete or edit the promotion identifier' by using the action buttons on the right.
- Click to create the promotion.
- You can view, edit or delete your promotion using the action buttons to the right of the relevant promotion.