The purpose of this document is to give an overview of the content of the Horizon 3.1 release. This document does not replace the technical release note.
The following are key new features that have been delivered with Horizon 3.1:
We’ve introduced a new tab to the Home screen called ‘Smart stream’; this provides users with a real-time view of how and when their customers are engaging. Utilising Horizon’s event model, it’s possible to see when customers have engaged with campaigns, updated their permissions and preferences, left feedback and engaged with the loyalty program. It’s also possible for the smart stream to process ‘custom’ events via our context api.
Users can toggle on and off which event types they want the Smart stream to show:
As well as the real-time view of who is doing what there’s also the ability to see a daily trends graph which shows what’s been happening, hourly, in the last 24 hours; it’s colour coded by event type so it’s easy to see at a glance what’s proving to be popular.
The Smart stream is available to all customers who have the dashboard UI charts enabled.
The following events are supported in this version of the Smart stream:
- Custom events from third party systems
- A campaign email is sent
- A campaign email is delivered
- A campaign email is responded to
- A campaign email is engaged with
- A campaign text message is sent
- A campaign text message is delivered
- A campaign text message is responded to
- A campaing push message is sent
- A custom profile field value is changed
- A tiered reward is redeemed
- A personalised offer is redeemed
- A loyalty member logs into the portal
- A loyalty member enrols
- A loyalty member completes their profile
- A loyalty member withdraws from the loyalty programme
- A loyalty member connects a social account
- A loyalty member disconnects a social account
- A loyalty member shares content on social media
- Content a loyalty member shares on social media is liked
- A custom loyalty behaviour is completed
- A member opts in
- A member opts out
- Positive, neutral or negative sentiment is captured via a contact note
- Positive, neutral or negative sentiment is captured by general feedback
- A link category is clicked
- Order insight changes
- A members customer tenure changes
Drag & drop content editor
We’ve interested a new ‘drag and drop’ version of the content editor which makes it quicker and easier for our users to build their message content.
The most visible change is the introduction of the panel on the left which provides users with the ability to drag components (known as custom blocks) into their layout; logos, headings, new columns, spacers etc.
There’s also a more intuitive way to upload and edit images within content.
The image upload tab provides users with the ability to quickly add new images to their content repository.
When an image has been added into the main body of content it can quickly be repositioned and resized using the green icons.
The ‘grey arrows’ icon allow for easy dragging of rows to different parts of your content layout.
Colour selection is also much simpler; background, border and text colours can easily be changed with the new colour selector. It’s also possible to make quick changes to line heights and border widths.
The following are some key improvements that have been delivered with Horizon 3.1;
- ‘Points earned’ smart inserts; we’ve added new smart inserts so it’s possible to add the points a member has earned last week, this week, last calendar month, this calendar month. These additions will be very useful for monthly point statement messaging.
- Exporting from data grids; we’ve made it simpler and more intuitive to export data grids. It is now possible to select individual data grids and export their data alongside personal data for the contact
- Removal 'Use in Registration' checkbox; we’ve removed the legacy option to ‘use in registration’ when adding custom profile fields.
- Deleting pending invitations for Group membership; we’ve made it possible to for pending group membership invites to be deleted
- Ability to define the custom activity for custom loyalty behaviours; it’s now possible to define the activity type that can be used for custom loyalty behaviours
- Removal of Fax, Pager & MMS as channels; support for legacy channels has been removed
- Control the balance of 'social connect' points when members connect/disconnect; in order to limit the opportunities for members to game the system the rules for how points for earning from social connect have been changed. Now it only offers points for social connect when a member connects a particular social network the first time
- Added last updated date to the /contact/loyalty/details on the Admin API method; brought consistency to the admin api methods with regard to passing the last updated date.
- Upgraded Captcha; we have upgraded the version of Captcha used within Horizon publications as the previous version will soon no longer be supported by Google
The following customer affecting issues have been resolved in Horizon 3.1:
- We’ve fixed an issue whereby if there was an apostrophe in a filename it would not upload.
- It was identified that exporting contact data from horizon didn’t use the correct date format in some cases; this has been resolved
- It’s now possible to see the thumbnail of an uploaded image
- We noticed that some events in Horizon were being generated with incorrect UTC timestamps; this no longer happens
- We resolved an Issue with Importing Date/Time Fields; they weren’t always importing in the correct format
- Fixed an issue whereby member feedback was always being sent by a loyalty portal regardless of the setting in Horizon
- There was a campaign start date issue that mean the campaign start date for a phase would change if it exceeded 20 days; this no longer happens
- No longer able to upload any extension as part of a behaviour proof
- We fixed an issue that meant it wasn’t possible to rename columns when exporting contacts from recycle bin
- It’s now possible to export any loyalty details from contacts in the recycle bin.
- We fixed an issue related to export; it wasn’t possible to export any contacts channels opt in details, when export is by ticked contacts rather than by search.
- It’s now possible to export contacts opt ins for more than one channel of same media type
- We fixed an issue which involved images which contain an Alpha Channel cannot be previewed in Horizon